How should I clean my stainless steel straws?
Cleaning brushes are included in every order. We provide 2 brush sizes:
- Large brush: a wide nylon brush head to clean your smoothie straws
- Small brush: a small nylon brush head to clean your straight and bent straws
How to clean your straw:
- Rinse your stainless steel straw under running water (if you use hot water, make sure you’re wearing rubber dishwashing gloves as stainless steel material gets very hot!)
- Add a dab of dish soap on the nylon brush bristles and stick the brush into your straw to clean the inside edges. This will remove any debris trapped inside (i.e. from your smoothie).
- Once you feel the inside is sufficiently scraped, wash the outside of the straw with dish soap and water (you can also use the nylon brush to clean the outside).
- Let it dry then put it back in your pouch for your next use.
Our stainless steel straws are also dishwasher safe.
How do you pronounce MTL STRW?
Wondering how to pronounce our name? There are 3 ways actually!
[met · al] [straw]
[mon · tree · awl] [straw]
[M · T · L] [straw]
We’re a Montreal-based company that provides metal straws to those looking to reduce their single-use plastic footprint.
What’s included in the MTL STRW Bundle?
This is our most popular product! The Bundle is a great starter pack and has everything you need to make the switch from plastic to metal straws. It includes: a smoothie straw, a straight straw, a bent straw, 2 cleaning brushes (large & small) and a drawstring pouch to carry around and store your straws.
Check out the MTL STRW Bundle here.
What’s the difference between the smoothie, straight, bent & cocktail straws?
The wide smoothie straw is designed for thicker beverages, such as frozen drinks, smoothies & milkshakes. The straight and bent straws are meant for drinking iced coffee, lemonade, iced tea, water, etc. The short cocktail straw is designed for your favourite cocktails!
- Smoothie: length – 8.5” (21.5cm), diameter – 0.5” (12mm)
- Straight: length – 8.5” (21.5cm), diameter – 0.3” (8mm)
- Bent: length – 8.5” (21.5cm), diameter – 0.2” (6mm)
- Cocktail: length – 6.3” (160mm), diameter – 0.2” (6mm)
Why should I use metal straws?
Good question! Check out our blog post that explains why plastic straws suck: click here.
Should I use my metal straw to drink a hot beverage?
No! Stainless steel material gets very hot when exposed to high temperatures, so it is advised to not use your metal straw when drinking hot liquids.
Where do you ship and how much does it cost?
MTL STRW ships within Canada via Canada Post and to the US via USPS.
Shipping & Handling charges are as follows:
- We offer a $3.99 shipping rate* (without a tracking #) for domestic orders within Canada and to all states within the USA.
- We offer a $7.99 shipping rate* (with a tracking #) for domestic orders within Canada and to all states within the USA.
- We offer free shipping* on orders over $40.
*If you opt for shipping without a tracking number, MTL STRW is not liable for any lost or damaged items.
*Exceptions: Shipping to the Territories will cost $25 (flat rate). Free shipping is applied on orders over $75 to the Territories.
Do you ship internationally?
At this time, we only ship within Canada and to the US. For orders outside of these regions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can arrange a special delivery.
Can I modify or cancel my order?
No problem! If you need to modify or cancel your order, please email email@example.com no more than 12 hours after you’ve placed your order. After this time period, all sales are final.
Can I return my order for a refund or an exchange?
We are unable to accept any returns. Once an order has been shipped and delivered to its destination, we consider these products as used and cannot accept any returns for refunds or exchanges.
I received incorrect item(s), what should I do?
Mistakes happen! If you received incorrect product(s), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we can look into the error. Please provide your order number in the subject line along with some photos of the incorrect item(s) that you received.
My item(s) arrived damaged, what should I do?
If you’ve received damaged products, please contact us at email@example.com within 24 hours of receiving your order. Please provide your order number in the subject line along with some photos of the damaged item(s) that you received.